Bluetooth Connection and programing tips
Connection issues with Bluetooth.
A) Do not try to connect going thru your phone Bluetooth Devices and scanning for devices. The only option to connect is by going to the 123Tune+ app -> settings -> then tapping on the device with a number to connect. A checkmark next to the device should appear. If that doesn't work try the following.
1)Turn on the ignition key so the 123\Tune gets power. On the side of the 123 is a round, transparent window. You should be able to see the blue LED through this window if there is power in the 123 and if nobody is connected. If the LED is solid on, you should be able to connect. If you can't, restart the phone.
If the LED blinks, try the reset procedure.
2) If the LED is not on, turn off all devices close to it which were used to try to connect to the 123. Now check again. If the LED is still is not on, then wire a + directly from the battery to the red wire of the 123 and the - of the battery directly to the blue wire of the 123. If the LED turns on now, there is a bad ground or no power going to the 123 when it was originally connected.
3) On your phone remove any devices that may be looking for the phones attention.
4)Energize the 123 then turn on the phone app. Make sure your app is searching for devices - It should automatically connect. (Sometimes you need to shut down the app and re-start. Some have had to Uninstall and Reinstall the app. When that is the case you should delete the cache in the phones memory before reinstalling the app. Each phone is different so Google on your computer how to delete cache on your particular phone.)
5) On the settings page tap the magnifying glass. When the 123 text shows up you may need to tap on it to connect.
6) Once connected and it reads the curve in the app you will be prompted to enter a code. The default is 1234.
Programming Now that you are in the app it is time to program. I have an Android so my tips take that into consideration. Apple may look a little different.
***) There will be a sample curve in the app. It is not intended to be for anything. Although your car may run on it, it is not intended to be accurate.
A) Tap Edit Advance Curve - Delete all the points with a trash can next to it. You will notice that the DONE or SAVE BUTTON will now be lit up.
At this point any changes you make to the curve can be saved. Including the Max (Rev Limiter) RPM in the top right corner.
If you want to change the Rev limiter only.
1) make sure you hit the done button on the app keyboard.
2) then hit the done button in the top right corner.
3) then hit save button
Anytime you want to make permanent changes you will need to stop the vehicle and open the app to enter the data points.
Make and save extra files on your device for quick changes - as many as you like
1) Open the app and tap files
2) Tap create enter any information you would like. Then save top right
3) Tap overwrite. The curve that shows up is what you will change to your own specs.
4) Tap Edit centrifugal curve - Change any values you want here.
5) Note: when changing the rev limiter you must hit done on the numerical keyboard before you hit done in the top left corner of the app to store or write it to the distributor.
6) Lastly you need to save the file. It will ask if you want to overwrite. Say yes otherwise all your changes will be lost.
Hope this Helps